An opportunity has arisen to acquire an X-ray imaging business with disruptive, patent-protected technology operating primarily within the medical and veterinary industries, although its product has application across a variety of other industry sectors. The product benefits from existing worldwide patents and FDA regulatory approval. It is anticipated that an acquisition will take the form of either an equity or business and asset sale.
Established in 2014, the company has developed highly patented, portable, 3D X-ray technology across multiple verticals markets. Early proof-of-concept revenues in veterinary and non-destructive evaluation markets. The company is in the process of setting up manufacturing facilities to scale up after FDA regulatory approval of its medical product.
- Novel X-ray technology at the point of care with low cost, low radiation dose, 3D capability
- Initial medical X-ray product benefits from existing FDA 510(k) clearance and robust product pipeline within a c.$3.2bn addressable market
- In-house manufacturing of the core patented technology
- Existing sales from veterinary X-ray product within a c.$2.2bn addressable market
- Led by an experienced management team
- Headquartered in Oxford. Product manufacturing is carried out in Scotland and Germany
- 73 employees, of which 16 hold PhD and /or MD level qualifications
- Extensive patent portfolio consisting of 28 filed patent families, 160 granted patents and 315 pending patents across five vertical markets
- Net assets of c.£6.811m to include Production Equipment, Laboratory Research & Development Equipment, Customer Trial Equipment, Office Furniture & I.T.
Sale Process and Further Information
- An Equity or Business & Assets Sale is envisaged
- On receipt of a signed non-disclosure agreement (NDA), access will be provided to a virtual data room housing additional information. To access the NDA, please click the link, sign and return via email to email@example.com