Hilco is pleased to offer for sale the business and assets of a market leading analytics platform providing automated journaling and analytical tools for traders of Cryptocurrencies and related financial instruments. The Company’s core analytics service offering relates to cryptocurrency derivatives with its main customer base comprising retail cryptocurrency derivatives traders.
- Operating in a multi-trillion marketplace with a quickly scalable business model
- Established market presence with proven track record
- Opportunity to move the business offshore to take advantage of market dynamics
- Founded in 2018 and becoming revenue generating in 2020 following the launch of a first version platform.
- Income historically generated from both affiliate fees and subscription income
- Affiliate fees (previously) received from cryptocurrency exchanges on trades executed with users having free access to the Company’s platform.
- Subscription income earned from subscribers not utilising affiliate links
- Second superior and more robust platform to cope with increasing traffic launched in late 2022
- 65,000 web registrations from traders since formation
- Significant brand equity established over the Company’s trading period
- Revenues for 2022 c.£1.35m of which approximately £1.22m related to affiliate income and £0.13m to subscriptions.
The Company’s assets include:
Intellectual Property Assets – the established brand name and trademarks, copyright in the website content and domain names.
Analytics Platforms – the bespoke software owned “in equity” by the Company for the version 1 platform. (We are advised that ownership of the software of the version 2 platform is not vested in the Company and is used by the business under a “bare licence”).
Affiliate Accounts – the affiliate accounts (and funds held) at various cryptocurrency exchanges.
Database – the database of customer registrations.
Goodwill – the goodwill established since the formation of the business.
- We are informed that affiliate income is no longer viable revenue whilst assigned to a corporate entity based in the UK
- We are advised that ownership of the software of the version 2 platform is not vested in the Company. Please contact Hilco for further details.
Sale Process and Further Information
The deadline for offers is 12 Noon GMT Friday 1 December 2023. On receipt of a signed non-disclosure agreement (NDA), access will be provided to a virtual data room housing additional information. To access the NDA, please click the link, sign and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Key Terms & Conditions
By offering the bidder acknowledges that Hilco acts as agent for the Vendor who offers for sale only such right, title and interest the Company possesses in the assets. Such sale will be without any warranties, expressed or implied. The information provided has not been verified by Hilco and bidders are deemed to have carried out their own due diligence. Hilco’s full Terms and Conditions apply.