Portals Paper, Overton Mill
Private Treaty Sale
Available For Inspection Immediately
Overton, Hampshire, RG25 3JG. United Kingdom
Downloadable Asset Register
By Order of the Owners due to the Orderly Wind Down and Closure of the Overton Mill
Portals opened Overton Mill, near to Laverstoke, in 1922. Paper making ceased at Laverstoke Mill in 1963, having transferred to the nearby and more modern Overton Mill. In 1995, Portals were themselves acquired by De La Rue, the banknote printers, and the name ceased to be used. In 2018, De La Rue divested itself of its paper making activities, and the name Portals was again used for the newly independent business. There has been £50m+ investment within the mill over the last 10 years and £25m over the last 4 years and holds specialist machinery associated with banknote manufacturing.
The principal assets on site are for sale to include support parts and equipment and are available now for immediate inspection and sale.
Please Click the Below Titles For Downloadable Documents:
Please note these asset schedules are offered subject to availability and will be periodically updated to reflect sales already negotiated.
Selection of Assets
- a) Full cotton comber preparation plant including cotton cleaning, bleaching and Bivis. Capacity 1.5t/hr. Last upgraded with £2m investment in 2012.
- b) New £4m Andritz refiner line including 4 papillon refiners + all
auxiliary equipment including high speed pulping line. Capacity 2t per hour.
- c) PM1: full banknote papermachine with £15m upgrade in 2020. Complete new wet end, wire section and press section, ABB drives and control system, vision system.
Capacity 15t per day.
- d) PM2: full banknote papermachine. Capacity 20t per day.
- e) PM3: full banknote papermachine. Capacity 25t per day.
£1m ABB drives upgrade in 2018
- f) PM8: full banknote papermachine. Capacity 10t per day.
- g) Foiler 1: Kurz Euro / Secure window foiler. Two foil units, screen printing, secure window, ISRA system. Installed in 2017 with £8m investment.
- h) Foiler 2 Kurz Foiler installed in 2003 with upgrade for MD registration in 2014
at cost of £1m and £1m ISRA system.
One foil unit, screen printing, ISRA system.
- i) Gravure coater 1: application of Platinum ™ coating. Newly installed in 2017
at cost of £3m.
- j) Gravure coater 2: application of Platinum ™ coating. Installed in 2003 and
upgraded in 2017 with £0.5m.
- k) Rewinder line. Speed 1200m/min reel to reel. Investment of £2.5m in 2009
- l) Bielomatik paper converting line 1: full converting line and auxiliary systems,
ISRA inspection, counting, wrapping, semi auto palletiser. Speed 350m/min
- m) Bielomatik paper converting line 2: full converting line and auxiliary systems,
ISRA inspection, counting, wrapping, semi auto palletiser. £1.5m Bielomatik controls upgrade in 2019. Speed 350m/min
- n) Strekker 6
- o) Packing lines
- p) PVOH / Additives plant including anti soil treatment. Autonomous plant. Investment of £2m in 2012
- q) 2 x Algas disc filter system for white water cleaning on papermachine and DAF unit. Investment of £4m in 2018
- r) Laboratory: £2m investment in new laboratory and equipment in 2012.
Over 100 pieces of lab equipment available
- s) Valmet Pulp Expert and Metso MAP system for fibre analysis
- t) Power station with Siemens gas turbine for 6MW power generation.
£1m control system upgrade in 2017
- u) Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning plant, £3m investment in 2014
- v) Expanding Mould cylinders
- w) Vaults x 2
- Removal Deadline: TBC
- Removal Hours: 10:00am – 4:00pm BST, Excluding Weekends. Strictly by Appointment
- Collection is only permitted once a paid in full invoice has been received
- The Buyer and or their removal contractor must supply their own lifting equipment Method statements and risk assessments, copies of all relevant insurances documents and operator licenses must be supplied and approved ahead of any item being dismantled or moved in accordance with Health & Safety policies. Site attendance for the duration of the removal process to be confirmed and agreed in advance
- Anyone attending site will be required to wear the relevant PPE workwear including Hi-Viz Vest/Jacket and Safety Footwear. If visitors don’t have gloves or face coverings these will be supplied. Visitors must inform the site manager if they are ill or have been ill prior to visiting site. Social distancing measures will be in place and hand sanitising facilities will be available.
Terms & Conditions
- All payments must be cleared in our account by TBC 2022, 12:00pm BST
- All persons arriving on site must report to the entrance and complete the signing in procedure book
- This site is a full PPE area and everyone must comply whilst the site is designated as such. PPE worn must comply with all relevant Method Statements. Anyone not found wearing his/her PPE will be required to leave the site, if in doubt assistance must be sought from the site Supervisor
- View Standard Terms & Conditions.